An Introduction to Allergens – online training at a glance
Food allergies and intolerances are at the top of many food businesses watch lists, and yet it seems the latest high-profile allergen cases are never far from news headlines.
It is important that anyone working in the food industry is aware of allergens and the steps that should be taken to effectively manage and control the risk of allergens.
This food allergy awareness training course is designed to provide food handlers, or those with responsibility for managing food handlers, with an awareness around the controls and legal responsibilities when it comes to the 14 regulated allergens.
Food businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure that the food they manufacture, produce, sell or serve is safe for the consumer to eat.
The course is accredited by Allergy UK and meets all entry requirements for recognition on their Allergy Aware Scheme.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- ‘Free from’ claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers